Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diet Pepsi/ carbonated drinks

I'm three years out and I drink soda over ice just fine.

Do you ever drink beer

Re-Coke I read that it may cause your band to slip, would not take risk, my bubbie says open and leave in fridge till flat, not sure what that woul taste like!!

Hi. I was told that the bubbles tended to make you feel full and wouldn't allow the proper protein/nutritional intake.

They suggested that if a pop was truly needed, to let it go flat and you'd still have the flavor.

I know mucous can be a problem at times for me but I can cough it out.

glad to hear you're doing well.

flower6

aka

kathy

My doc says, in addition to the carbonation issue, that there are chemicals in diet soda that stimulate appetite. Your classic Catch 22.

I try to not have diet sodas. I'm just not sure they have any redeeming value. I used to really like them pre op. trying to do better for my old body. Vodka cranberry. Now that I can do occasionally

Opening a can, leaving in the fridge for hours... Sound exactly like a drink I would bring BACK to the counter and kindly ask for it to be replaced with ANYTHING that's not flat. I could NEVER drink a flat sofa. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Might as well drink straight up high fructose corn Syrup and add color to it.

I needed to learn how to "Listen to my band"....then you will know what you can and cannot eat/drink....learning that has been the answer and secret to most everything......I drink carbonated beverages all the time, such as beer, and my favorite all natural blackcherry soda.......but I listen to my band and monitor how I drink it, if it lets me drink it at all on some days........by the feedback my band gives me....

My Dr. and I talked about this manby times once I hit the Green Zone...., and he told me he tells all his new patients "No" to many things because they would not understand it any other way...so it's easier to say no untill they advance a little and get to know their new lifestyle better.....and how to "Listen"....

FYI - I have read somewhere that even after you stir the bubbles, the carbon is still in the drink, which still extends your stomach. It's really better to stay away from pop.

Water is the best to drink.

Opening a can' date=' leaving in the fridge for hours... Sound exactly like a drink I would bring BACK to the counter and kindly ask for it to be replaced with ANYTHING that's not flat. I could NEVER drink a flat sofa. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Might as well drink straight up high fructose corn Syrup and add color to it.[/quote']

Ooh I could never drink a flat sofa also!!

I can drink diet soda just fine, I have a couple a week, however it takes me hours to drink it. My husband was banded with me and can drink beer.

I'm fine with it. My surgeon said some ppl can tolerate it, some cannot. I was banded in 2008. I have had diet soda everyday since then. Does not seem to cause me problems at all. Some days I have less, some more. Sometimes it feels too bubbly. Most of the time not. I do feel it works better over ice and a little of the fizz reduced by it being poured over ice. But I drink it from the can some too.

I can't believe some doctors tell patients it's OK to have soda. My dr says no to EVERYTHING except Water. It's also a big, big no no to add these new flavors to your water. He even said he didn't want me drinking milk because of the calories. So I'm just shocked at all the people who say their doctors say this is ok.