Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2011 Bandsters

Hi Everyone!!

Where are all the March bandsters at?!! I was just approved last week and have a surgery date of March 16th. Looks like I'll be starting a two week pre-op liquid diet (Optifast) on March 2nd which I'm not looking forward to!! Anyone else scheduled for March? Do you have a pre-op diet to follow?

Good Luck to everyone!! :)

Greeting

I too have a March 16 date for my band. My pre-op diet in 3 weeks in length with 5 Meal Replacement drinks and 3 glasses of milk. This will give me about 80 grams of Protein. I have practiced over the last month with 2 Meal Replacements - Breakfast and lunch - and a small dinner. I am ready for the 3 week pro-op liquid diet. All the best with your Optifast liquid diet.< /p>

smile.gif

Hi Everyone!!

Where are all the March bandsters at?!! I was just approved last week and have a surgery date of March 16th. Looks like I'll be starting a two week pre-op liquid diet (Optifast) on March 2nd which I'm not looking forward to!! Anyone else scheduled for March? Do you have a pre-op diet to follow?

Good Luck to everyone!! :)

Hello I will be banded March 7th YAY!!! I meet with the nutritionist today to find out what the diet will be. Good Luck to both of you.

Congrats everyone on your dates!! Good luck with surgery!! :)

I have my date scheduled for 3/8 they have not told me about any diet before the surgery.

I am in the Los Angeles area and my date is set for 3/24/11. Have a lot of dates set in March. See doctor one more time on 3/7 to ask any additional questions and pay program fee, 3 hour Pre-Op class with nutritionist on 3/15, EKG/X-Ray/Lab Work with primary doctor on 3/18, and of course start full liquid 1000 cal/day diet for 2 weeks starting on 3/10. I would love to talk to others in the LA area, so we can get some additional support with one another. Good luck to all!

I got my pre-op diet last night

Breakfast shake

lunch Lean Cusine, Healthy Choice or SmartOnes Less than 300 cal and at least 14 grams of protien

snack shake

dinner Lean Cusine, Healthy Choice or SmartOnes Less than 300 cal and at least 14 grams of protien

Snack Shake

Not too Bad!!!

I am getting banded on March 18th. Feels like forever and too fast at the same time. I started the process in August 2010. I am nervous/excited. The surgeon's office told me to do two days of Clear Liquids before surgery and nothing about a pre-op diet. I have been reading Dr. Sewell's book and might do the three weeks of Protein shakes/small dinners. I don't want there to be any complications with my liver, etc.

My date is 3/1... starting the pre-op diet next Tuesday. I hate the taste of the shakes, but I have found something that makes them easier to get down. Instead of mixing the Protein powder with Water or milk, I whip it into greek yogurt.

My favorite is about 5 oz of Dannon Greek Yogurt mixed with one scoop of the BSN Lean Dessert banana Cream pudding Protein Powder and a dash of cinnamon. Super good and it looks and smells appetizing as well.

Hello, I just got off the phone from making my appointment. I'll be having surgery on the 23rd! This time, I'm going to actually do it. See, I had an appointment back in 2007 but money became an issue. I've got money in hand right now, so this time it's truly going to happen.

I am a little disappointed that this is going to happen a week after I go to Las Vegas. See, me and my fat husband had planned on hitting up buffets while we were there, lol. That definitely won't work out too well with the pre-op diet! However, I rather "suffer" and not post-pone the surgery date. :)

I'm not too worried about the pre-op diet as I was a Atikins pro back in the day. I'm all over it!

I got my pre-op diet last night

Breakfast shake

lunch Lean Cusine, Healthy Choice or SmartOnes Less than 300 cal and at least 14 grams of protien

snack shake

dinner Lean Cusine, Healthy Choice or SmartOnes Less than 300 cal and at least 14 grams of protien

Snack Shake

Not too Bad!!!

I'm a little jealous you get to have some actual food and not just liquid!! That's great!!

I'm a little jealous you get to have some actual food and not just liquid!! That's great!!

I was suprised!! I can have 2 sugar free popsicles a day and 2 cups of sugar free Jello

my surgery date is March 1, which means my pre-op diet starts on valentines day :unsure: ironically, I have been reading some of the other peoples' posts on here and my doctor is requiring my pre-op diet to be slimfast. Anyone else out there required to do the same?