Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is everybody eating?

Hi. I am 2 years + banded, and have slowly lost 75 pounds. I was at a plateau for about 6 months - no loss. Three weeks ago I went for a fill (1/2 cc) and am the tightest ever. Can only eat 1/4 - 1/2 cup at one sitting..... mostly mushies and Soup. Lost 8 pounds past 3 weeks - but can't really eat more than a small bite or two of meat or veges at one sitting. Maybe I should have been this tight a long time ago.....never so restricted....and am glad about it. But not sure of what to eat. What is everybody eating - able to eat? Meat doesn't work for me... I have even grinded it...but more than a teaspoon is hard and painful to digest. Would love some feedback. Many thanks!

hi,

great job on your weight loss!!! hey, it actually sounds like you might be too tight....have you told your doctor you cant eat meat, and it gives you pain?? you should be able to eat most Proteins and veggies..I cant do chicken...I have problems with carbs, but thats prolly a good thing!!

I am down about 100 lbs in about 6 months.....I eat primarily Protein and salads.....I make chilli with ground turkey, eat a lot of seafood, cottage cheese, soy crisps........drink a lot of milk and Water.....over the holidays I hung out with the shrimp cocktail.....lol.....

you dont want to mess with being too tight...be careful!

you sound like you are way to tight which is bad. You have lost the 8 lbs but if you can't get enough calories in you then you won't lose much more. Your body will go into starvation mode and hang on to every ounce it can. I know that sounds strange but it is true. Restriction doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to eat most foods, however there are some foods that aren't band friendly like bread as it tends to gum up. restriction means that you should be satified with 1/2 cup to 1 cup of food and not get hungry between meals. If i were you then i would consider getting a small unfill.

Hi. I am 2 years + banded, and have slowly lost 75 pounds. I was at a plateau for about 6 months - no loss. Three weeks ago I went for a fill (1/2 cc) and am the tightest ever. Can only eat 1/4 - 1/2 cup at one sitting..... mostly mushies and Soup. Lost 8 pounds past 3 weeks - but can't really eat more than a small bite or two of meat or veges at one sitting. Maybe I should have been this tight a long time ago.....never so restricted....and am glad about it. But not sure of what to eat. What is everybody eating - able to eat? meat doesn't work for me... I have even grinded it...but more than a teaspoon is hard and painful to digest. Would love some feedback. Many thanks!

Jerseybest

IMHO - If you can't eat hard Proteins you are too tight - this isn't about starving - it's about having good restriction but being able to eat real food and not to live on Soup and mushies - what are you learning?? the band is more than just restiction - it's about making this a lifetime lifestyle change in our eating and exercise habit - We are suppose to eat real food - healthy foods.

You should be able to eat 1/2 - 1 cup of hard Proteins - that's good restriction. Tiny bites - eat slowly and chew very well.

Do you plan on living on Soups & mushies for the rest of your life??

My food for a day

Bf - 1/2 cup Eggbeater w/green onions & ham & cheese (2% and just a sprinkle) or Greek Yogurt w/fruit

snack - 2 oz Jerky

lunch - 3-4 oz of hard Protein (meat/fish) 1/2 c Veggies

Snack - pre work out 1/2 pt bar - or some complex carbs

dinner - 4 oz of meat/fish, 1/2 c Veggies and about every other night rice.

Snacks - 100 Cal Snack pack popcorn - WW fudgesciles -

Gym 4 x a week - 1 hr each visit

Lost 114 lbs - have maintained that loss for 2.5 yrs - Starting weight 250 - Current weight 136/138 - Age 55

Be careful - being too tight can cause acid reflux and other issues....

Good Luck...

I have only been banded since Aug- I have lost 25pnds SUPER SLOW-- a little frustrated cuz doc gave me unfill last time thought I was too tight.. But before that- I had a hard time eating a lot of things and I loved it except for the hair loss. The easiest things for me to eat were tuna salad, and oatmeal.. I could eat meat but mostly just by the end of the day-- I am a terrible chewer so I threw up a lot of what I ate cuz it was stuck.. I love 6 pnds in 6 weeks and now I feel like I am gaining weight.. I am mad that I let the doc unfill me.. But I am going to try to stick to high Protein and low fat.. The problem is when you are tight- The bad stuff goes down easier than the good stuff!! Good Luck-- Enjoy some good Soups and tuna salad.

Hi. I am 2 years + banded, and have slowly lost 75 pounds. I was at a plateau for about 6 months - no loss. Three weeks ago I went for a fill (1/2 cc) and am the tightest ever. Can only eat 1/4 - 1/2 cup at one sitting..... mostly mushies and Soup. Lost 8 pounds past 3 weeks - but can't really eat more than a small bite or two of meat or veges at one sitting. Maybe I should have been this tight a long time ago.....never so restricted....and am glad about it. But not sure of what to eat. What is everybody eating - able to eat? Meat doesn't work for me... I have even grinded it...but more than a teaspoon is hard and painful to digest. Would love some feedback. Many thanks!

If you cant eat you are too tight. You will not lose weight. You have to be able to eat to lose weight its that simple.

Breakfast: Protein shake with berries cause my band is a little tight in the morning for food but that happens

lunch at least 4 oz of some kind of meat and veggies

snack yogurt or sugarfree pudding or cottage cheese

dinner beef as much as I can tolerate maybe 3 oz because beef wil make you lose weight quicker but everyone can not eat beef

Sometimes I eat salad with meat and its a healthy salad

You got to get that band loosened or your setting yourself up for failure

Excersise is a must if you want results. If your doctor is a real doctor he would have told you the band is slow but steady anyone even on a diet is going to hit a plateu I did for 5 months got a fill 2cc's it was enough I have lost 70lbs with no fill now only 2cc's you dont want to be tight its not healthy and if your hair is falling out its because you are lacking Protein because you cant eat it. Relearn your eating habits. Being tight is not going to make you lose weight at all its only going to make you miserable.