Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Sore bloated stomach

Views
Started by bissy, Dec 11, 2010 10:50 PM
13 replies to this topic
13 replies to this topic

bissy

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted December 11, 2010 - 10:50 PM

Im coming up 2 yrs. post op and last few months i have been getting really bloated tummy with tenderness around the port area, as thats whats causing the bloatedness it will last around 3 to 4 days, also my tummy makes a really loud grumbly noise. My stomach hurts with every step i take. My Doctor says he has not heard of this and doesn't not seem overly concerned. Has any one else had this problem?

outside*looking*in

• Starting Weight: 275 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 0 lbs
  • Current Weight: 275 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 165 lbs
  • BMI: 48.7
  • My Blogs
Posted December 14, 2010 - 5:55 PM

Hi - I am not sure if we are experiencing the same thing (I am about to put a post out for any help I can get). I have been having a burning sensation with lots of gurgling in my stomach. The burning is painful and I am uncomfortable all the time. I am hungry but afraid to eat because that is when the burning gets worse. I have an ensure and feel a little better but then I almost feel too full (makes no sense). I had been getting better but went in for a fill last Thursday and the pain was back by that night. I went for an unfill yesterday and felt some relief but not enough. My doc don't know what to make of it. I saw him again today and he did not want to completely unfill me because I am not showing symptoms of being too tight. I have had an endo and an upper GI and everything comes back normal......I have been on liquids since my fill on Thursday. I have been given carafate and now pervicid to take daily as the GI doc thinks it is acid reflux although I explained that I do not have any acid coming up my throat, the burning stays in my stomach. I don't know if I should have the band removed since I don't know if it will fix the problem, especially since the docs truly don''t know what the problem is. It is very draining. I can't take care of my kids, house or even get out of bed when it is at its worse. Hopefully someone will have an answer for this soon.

bissy

Posted December 15, 2010 - 1:47 AM

It's strange the doctors can not help you, this does not sound like the same as mine, i think mine is also related sometimes to that time of month. is your pain 24/7?

RLittman

• Surgeon: Hadar Spivak
  • Surgery Date: Aug 2006
  • Starting Weight: 230 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 46 lbs
  • Current Weight: 184 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 149 lbs
  • BMI: 30.6
Posted January 25, 2011 - 11:31 PM

Two years after banding,I had bloating and pain for 2-3 days after overeeating or eating dense food like steak. Dr and Gastro dr did tests and determined I had scar tissue issues. It was chronic for about three months. I watched what I ate, took pain pulls until it stopped. Meanwhile I watch diet carefully and I massage stomach whenever i feel episode coming on in lieu of pain pills.

no one

• Starting Weight: 185 lbs
  • Current Weight: 185 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 125 lbs
  • BMI: 31.8
  • My Blogs
Posted April 29, 2011 - 8:14 PM

this is so interesting. I am having the same issues. It's that time of the month. My stomach feels so bloated. I have tenderness around the port and my stomach hurts like ulcers and is constantly gurgling. It almost feels like I have no muscle control in that area and my stomach is just hanging down

stephanie1975

• Surgery Date: Sep 2010
  • Starting Weight: 388 lbs
  • Current Weight: 388 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 299 lbs
  • BMI: 62.6
Posted June 5, 2011 - 6:37 PM

I have the gurgle too, but not much pain unless I eat too much.

DeeDeeGirl

Posted March 10, 2012 - 8:10 PM

I'm experiencing a sore stomach and extreme bloating. It's been going on for 2 days now, Im 10 months post-op...Every time I push on my stomach it hurts even when I walk it hurts and when I lie down it's hard to lay flat. I dunno if I'm constipated or bloated or both but Im miserable! Anyone have any suggestions?

Stephaniew

Novice

• Surgeon: Bradley Amson
  • Surgery Date: Sep 2010
  • Starting Weight: 398 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 68 lbs
  • Current Weight: 330 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 295 lbs
  • BMI: 53.3
Posted March 10, 2012 - 8:31 PM

Hi,
This happens to me too. It is usually just severe gas pains. I take an anti gas and then try to "rub" out some of the air. It will happen if I am eating poorly. I think it may also happen if you drink through a straw or drink carbonated stuff. I don't but that is why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Trending Topics