Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Monday 11/8/10

Day 4 of banding and besides the gas it seems to be going ok. I find that I still have an appetite but not anything severe. Doing the liquid diet now but was strange that my Doctor told my wife that I could have things like pudding and Soups like Cream of Celery which has very very small chunks in it.

I've been reading the forums and see that it is about healing these first two weeks not losing weight so I will definately keep that in mind. I am looking forward to eating mash potatoes next week and pureed food but the liquids as I said isn't that hard of a thing to do at this point. I do find that I am full with tomatoe Soup and chicken broth.

But this post-op gas is killing me and I can't wait for it to go away. Doctor's office told me that when it goes into my shoulders and it causes me pain then know that its almost gone. Something to look forward to I suppose. :)

Now I have to work up one of those cool weight scale sigs I see that some of you guys have!

-Aaron

Very cool, keep us posted on how you are feeling!

- Day 6

Things are much better today. The gas I had earlier seems to be gone but I find my appetite is coming back. Thank god for this band and being full from eating Soup. It seems I have to retrain my brain to catch up to the fact that my body will now not let me eat like I once did. My brain wants a hamburger with bacon but my body wants to know if it needs mental help as that is how we got where we are in the first place.

I did do 15 minutes on my treadmill today which I'm happy with and I'll try to increase that time each day before I start going to the gym and getting on my elyptical machine. :(

Wow....we had surgery the same day and there is no way I could do 15 minutes on the treadmill. I still have bad gas pain in my shoulder and had a bout of the dry heaves last night that nearly did me in. Glad you are doing well and maybe I will try the treadmill tomorrow!

Day 7 finally! Last day of liquid diet for me and I'm pretty excited. I have been eating a small portion of scrambled eggs chopped up really fine with some pepper and a dash of hot sauce. *doctor said it was fine* I am sorry to hear your dry heaving and luckily I haven't had any of that myself.

I have my first follow-up visit this Wednesday and I'm looking forward to seeing how much weight I lost. Already my face looks thinner and I'm losing some of the weight around my waist. Looking forward to updating my siggy, I am so happy I did this!

- Aaron

I had my surgery Friday, 11/12/2010 and the gas was unbearable! I took 6 gas X strips and it still did not help. I finally broke down and took some PhaZyme and today the gas is so much better. Just sore.

Day 2 was pretty bad for me too so my heart goes out to ya. Good news is though it does get better and that surgery gas goes away as well as your own stomach gas. :)

I finally got my first fill yesterday 12/29/10 so I'm excited. I can finally feel a restriction when I eat and I feel full with small portions of food. Prior to the fill I had zero restriction and was hungry all the time. It is only the first few days so I'm going to take it slow and see how it goes. My Doctor told me that if I don't lose any weight the first two weeks to let him know and he'll put more in.

For some reason he wouldn't tell me how much Fluid he put in. His explantion was he didn't want me to focus on numbers. He did tell me at the end that he put 2.55 cc's in it but I'm not sure what my capacaity is so its hard to measure against it.

What a rollercoaster I've been on lately... I've received my first fill 12/29/10 and it just wasn't giving me the restriction I needed. Now by restriction I mean that I am feeling hungry all the time and when I eat it is an unlimited quanity with no full feeling.

I just received a fill 02/02/2011 and wow what a difference.. When I had gone into the Doctors office I came in losing 7 pounds and he wasn't going to fill me at first. It scared me when he told me this as I knew in my heart it wasn't helping that it was my own will and my taking Welburtin that was making the difference. Hes a pretty blunt guy which I like and told me, "I don't give a s&*#! Your losing weight and I don't care how you do it!". Which sorta stunned me at first but now that I think about it he was right.

But he finally decided to give me more liquid in my lapband and I've finally hit my sweetspot. I eat a tiny bit and I'm full. My apetite is very manageable and now I am starting to drop the weight big time. My work is doing a program called Fit for Life and we have bi-weekly weighin's. My first weighin was 335 and two weeks later I am down to 326 so I'm excited!