Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't eat breakfast or lunch but can eat a whole cow for supper!

So i recently was too tight and experiencing aspirations during the night so my doctor's PA took out 2 CCs out of my band which left me with 5 CCs. I went back 6 weeks later and the PA put back in 1.5CCs. I think I am too tight again. If i try to eat Breakfast or even lunch, I PB/vomit (I say either/or because its usually just a PB but when I tried to eat a banana for Breakfast, I puked it up for a good two hours, ugh!). However, when dinner time rolls around, its like I don't have a band!

I just don't understand it. How can i be so tight in the morning but so loose in the evening? I'm trying to get back in with the doctor to have some fill taken out because Protein shakes for breakfast make me want to vomit (too many of those after surgery) and i'm not getting enough Protein in with just eating supper, not to mention not eating all day makes me dizzy. Does anyone have any suggestions to help with this or has anyone experienced this same thing?

P.S. I've tried eating mushy foods for breakfast such as eggs not scrambled completely, oatmeal, cottage cheese, laughing cow cheese, and all to no avail!

I'm in the same boat right now. In the middle of the night I'm too tight to even drink Water (sometimes can get tea down but who wants to boil a pot at 2am). In the morning I can only take in liquids by lunch I am lucky if I can take in yogurt ( must be at room temp) but come dinner time usually from 5-9pm I can eat anything in front of me. Mind you I must still be careful because if I eat too much it makes me really sick but I can still eat more then all other hours combined in the day.

For me I find the trick has been drink lots of hot liquids for the first few hours once you wake up and stick to liquids for breakfast. Come lunch time I have something hot or warm ( like Soup or room temp yogurt) just so I'm not starving by dinner time.

Drinking warm liquids has helped open my band more during the day. I am trying to avoid an unfill because I am still not losing any weight. Some think it is because I am not getting in enough calories but before I was getting in over 1500 calories and not losing weight so I am trying to reduce my daily intake to lose my weight.

This never happened with my first band fancy that. It was an SAG 11cc band and I had a fill up to 10cc in it. My band now is LapBand AP 10cc and I am only filled with 6cc. Not only are people different but the bands are different too.

How do you deal with just doing liquids? Even after I have a Protein Shake, I'm still starving. In going for an unfill Wednesday but I fear I will lose any restriction then!

how much of a Protein shake are you having at a time? I find 1/2 a cup will do me for some time and if I drink it too fast it gets stuck. Maybe try to add more into the shake like pudding which makes it thicker or Peanut Butter or fruit.< /p>

I used to make shakes that like even when I had little restriction and it filled me up good.

i was too tight at 5cc had a 2cc fill on friday and went back last night to remove 1cc. They specifically tell you the band is in there to not have to drink your meals, if you can't swallow foods its too tight!

I hear you. In the morning I warm up my Protein Shake or the milk I use to make it and that helps that go down. lunch and supper vary in how well they go, if I'm very very careful about small bites and chewing well and eating slowly I have less of a problem. I can pb on just about any food and even drinks if I drink too fast. But other times I can eat more than I should be able to. It's very frustrating. I don't think I need any taken out because it can be fine, but I don't want to get any more of a fill because it's difficult enough sometimes.