Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 3 Post Op Eating too much

Not banded yet but from all my reading and research, I think the weight will not fall off as fast as gastric bypass. It will be slow and until the band is in it's so called "sweet spot" this is band hell as above poster described.

Hi, I was banded June 25, and yes befor my first fill I felt more hungry and I could eat anything. I recently had my first fill - 3cc's and Wow this really does work.

I was also banded on 8/17!! I am going next week to get my first fill...I havee been in a panic for the last two days as I have not been feeling very full after eating my small portions!! Let me know how your fill goes this week. good luck!

I cannot wait until my first fill!!! i was banded August 9....fill is october 5....when i eat my small portions i am satisfied....until my next meal...then my stomach growls sooo loud! and i feel sooo hungry!

I was told that I may not lose any weight after surgery, and may even gain weight until my first fill at the 6 week mark. I lost 15 lbs by the 1st week post op and nothing since. Going into my third week and now am able to eat almost normally but am trying to have mostly liquids and Protein. The stall is depressing but only 3 more weeks until my first fill.

I was told that I may not lose any weight after surgery, and may even gain weight until my first fill at the 6 week mark. I lost 15 lbs by the 1st week post op and nothing since. Going into my third week and now am able to eat almost normally but am trying to have mostly liquids and Protein. The stall is depressing but only 3 more weeks until my first fill.

You got that right. The stall is absolutely demoralizing and has had me crying off and on for the past 5 hours. I feel like such a f'ing failure right now. How the hell can a body not lose a single fecking ounce when it's been so calorie restricted. I'm giving up on eating. I have had a whopping 55 calories today and I can not bring myself to eat a single bite of food for lunch. I open the freezer to get a veggie chicken patty and just start to cry again. I'm thinking that maybe should have chosen anorexia over this. Its free, less painful and you don't have to worry about food choices. I don't even know if I should bother with getting my first fill. I'm not eating anything anyways and I'm haven't been hungry since surgery except for one afternoon. Back to Macy's I go to return the clothes I had hoped to fit into soon. I regret telling as many people as I did about the surgery. I have them asking how I am doing. Its pathetic to tell them that nothing has happened in two weeks. Then they just give me the look and say " Oh". How embarrassing is that!

:smile2:mdhannant,Quit "beating yourself up"! First of all you must eat your 800-1200 cal. Your body is in starvation mode & you are still healing! Another suggestion is to quit weighing yourself! Just weigh when you go to md"s office. You can do this... follow your LAP-BAND® diet,exercise, "get your head on straight", use this great tool we banders have chosen to have placed in our bodies!

You got that right. The stall is absolutely demoralizing and has had me crying off and on for the past 5 hours. I feel like such a f'ing failure right now. How the hell can a body not lose a single fecking ounce when it's been so calorie restricted. I'm giving up on eating. I have had a whopping 55 calories today and I can not bring myself to eat a single bite of food for lunch. I open the freezer to get a veggie chicken patty and just start to cry again. I'm thinking that maybe should have chosen anorexia over this. Its free, less painful and you don't have to worry about food choices. I don't even know if I should bother with getting my first fill. I'm not eating anything anyways and I'm haven't been hungry since surgery except for one afternoon. Back to Macy's I go to return the clothes I had hoped to fit into soon. I regret telling as many people as I did about the surgery. I have them asking how I am doing. Its pathetic to tell them that nothing has happened in two weeks. Then they just give me the look and say " Oh". How embarrassing is that!

Maybe your hormones are wreaking havoc on you too!:)

I am so glad I came across this post. I am 4 weeks post op and I am dealing with the same issues. I thought maybe some how I broke it. I still have 3 weeks until my 1st fill.

Im with you as well. I am 4 1/2 wks post op. I have kicked up the exercise and I get 1st fill on 28th. I ate so much this wknd like normal and I know its hormonal but feel like I couldnt stop. I know Its a process to recognize head hunger/bad habits from real hunger

I'm right along with most of you... I was banded several weeks ago and I'm starvin marvin LOL! Even though I'm trying to be careful in what I eat, I'm gaining the weight back that I have lost after surgery •sigh•

yep me too. Not very happy about it either.

This is completely normal! You will begin losing again after your first fill, if you don't you may need a second fill. I have two other friends that had lapband and all of us didn't get enough restricition even after the first fill, went back to have a second and I am now at 90 lbs, one of my friends is at 100 and the other at 65. Hang in there, it works!

Sounds to me like you are not eating enough. Your body needs calories to boost your metabolism. Don't return the clothes just yet. Hang in there.

This is completely normal! You will begin losing again after your first fill, if you don't you may need a second fill. I have two other friends that had LAP-BAND® and all of us didn't get enough restricition even after the first fill, went back to have a second and I am now at 90 lbs, one of my friends is at 100 and the other at 65. Hang in there, it works!

Oh that is so good to hear. I have had my first fill and have not lost an ounce. How long has it taken you to lose 90 lbs and what are you doing for exercise? I hope you don't mind the questions. :cursing: