Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What supplements do you all take?

My doctors office said to take a Multi-Vitamin and a Calcium supplement every day. I am doing Flintstone's for the Vitamin but havent started the calcium yet.

A bariatric multivitamin, a cal-mag supplement, Biotin, zinc, Vitamin D, and Co Q-10.

I take bariatric multi Vitamin, bariatric Calcium chew, Bariatric B complex, just juice vegitable, just juice fruit and liquid L-Carnatine. They told me that I didn't need Iron as I no longer have monthlies.

Multi Vitamin from surgeon's office (cheaper than drugstore)Vitamin D and 2 chewable tums 750 for the Calcium. The D and calcium are from my GYN as I am on DEPO Provera BC and she said "at my age" I need the supplements.

I was bad about Vitamins and now have been taking them religiously. sleeping better too.

I take a Flintstones multi Vitamin, a chewable Vitamin C and a liquid Calcium supplement.

I was told to also take a zinc supplement, but I haven't yet.

Oh, they also have me taking Zegerid powder once a day for 6 months.

How to Build Bone Density

Engage in regular, weight-bearing exercise to increase bone strength and density. Activities such as stair climbing, walking, jogging, weight lifting and tennis require your muscles to work against gravity. According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, engaging in these activities for 30 minutes, three or more times each week, can help prevent bone loss and increase bone strength

Eat a diet high in Calcium, regardless of your age. Peak bone mass is obtained during the 30s, which means even young women must take steps to protect their bones. Calcium-rich foods include milk, yogurt, canned fish with bones, cheese and dark green leafy vegetables, according to the University of Arizona.

Include foods in your diet containing Vitamin D, such as egg yolks, liver, saltwater fish and fortified milk. The current recommended daily amount of Vitamin D is between 400 and 800 IU, according to the Illinois Department of Public Health.

Spend 15 minutes each day in the sun. This small amount of sun exposure is not enough to cause negative effects, but is sufficient in most cases to increase your body's level of Vitamin D.

Supplement with calcium, vitamin D, and magnesium if your dietary sources of these important minerals are insufficient. If you are on a restricted diet due to allergies or lactose intolerance, are vegetarian,or have been diagnosed with other health conditions, you should speak with your doctor about undergoing blood work to test your levels of these nutrients.

Take medications to increase bone density if you have been diagnosed with osteoporosis or osteopenia. A diagnosis of osteopenia is given when bone density is subnormal, but is not yet reduced enough for a diagnosis of osteoporosis. A number of medications have been approved by the FDA to prevent or treat osteoporosis, including bisphosphonates, calcitonin, raloxifene, teriparatide, and estrogens.

Have your hormone levels checked if you are a post-menopausal woman. Loss of estrogen following menopause reduces bone density and increases bone loss. Hormone replacement therapy might help rebuild bone mass, according to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases.

Medical Equipment url: Buy & Sell Used Medical Equipment | Medical Equipment auctions

Used Hospital Equipment url: New & Used Hospital Equipment | Hospital Equipment Sale

Adult Centrum chewable

Biotin (chewable or sublingual)

Fiber gummies

Protein shakes

I should be taking tums for Calcium, but don't take them much. I hope I get enough calcium from the dairy I eat.

Centrium chewable multivitamin

Vitamin D

Liquid Calicum Citrate

A chewable multi, calcium/D and Biotin. If anyone has a chewable potassium or magnesium I'd love to hear about it. I get terrible foot cramps at night (presumably from high protein/low carb) and it's driving me crazy. Thx!

I was directed to take 2 chewable Multivitamins per day plus two Viactiv calcium chews (yum), Vitamin D per my gyno. and glucosamine/chond. for joints. I also take Dr. Andrew Lessman's hair, Skin and Nails Vitamins and have had no hair problems.

I have 2 bariatric multi-vitamins a day and will start Calcium chewables next week when I hit the mushy food stage.

I have to take a multi Vitamin and Calcium.< /p>