Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you feel about a mosque at "Ground Zero"?

ardelia, for sure that America has our home grown own brand of terrorists. We just like to put them in a bracket all by themselves. We call them kooks or crazies. We would never admit that the Bible thumping and the hell, fire and brimstone preaching they've heard all their lives has influenced them to have such a religious frenzy built up that they would bring down a building in Oklahoma City. No, for us, it's never about religion. They're just crazies.

But for terrorists who also happen to praise Allah and carry a Koran, they're Muslim terrorists who aren't crazy, they're influenced by their religion. So we believe we should fear and shun all Muslims.

Sometimes we Americans can be very naive and very ignorant.

As for a mosque at ground zero, that's been proven to be an incorrect and inflammatory phrase: "mosque at ground zero."

It is basically a non-issue manufactured to throw Americans into a tizzy in an effort to divert the attention away from some of the real issues. It's the kind of thing that helped forge the tea party movement. It's so much easier to jump on a bandwagon of outrage, especially when times are bad, than to work with your opponents to fix very difficult problems.

Bandwagon indeed. :huh2:

So...if a Christian Terrorist did something horrific in the US that killed a lot of people would it be upsetting if there was a christian church close by? I have no problem with it. It's not ON the site it's NEAR it. My husband was a 50 cal gunner and to be excited by what it does to someone is disgusting. When we act like this it makes us no better than those we hate. You can't attack a whole religion because of the acts of some terrorists that happen to follow that religion. Not all of them are nut jobs. Have an open mind.

So...if a Christian Terrorist did something horrific in the US that killed a lot of people would it be upsetting if there was a christian church close by? I have no problem with it. It's not ON the site it's NEAR it. My husband was a 50 cal gunner and to be excited by what it does to someone is disgusting. When we act like this it makes us no better than those we hate. You can't attack a whole religion because of the acts of some terrorists that happen to follow that religion. Not all of them are nut jobs. Have an open mind.

I like your point I think it's also fair to say the jihad doesn't actually follow the Muslim religion that many do, just like how other religions/cults have twisted the Christian bible into their own view/belief the jihad did the same with the muslim religious text

The people who flew the planes into the buildings were "extremists" at best. Islam is a very peaceful religion, quit drinking the kool aid people are feeding you and get the facts. Does this mean because Timothy McVeigh bombed the Federal Building in Oklahoma City, in God's name and being a Christian we should have a flogging if there is a Christian church built in the vicinity? I wish people would stop judging entire religions on the acts of some, most serial killers scream from the rooftops they did it in the name of Jesus and/or God, does this make all Christians serial killers? Your logic makes no sense.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO friendly! Egypt, Syria, Libya, Iran etc. I cant wait to plan my vacation to see the ancient Egyptian Pyramids! Or should I take my family to Disney World? Hell no, theres no fear of being beheaded in Disney! Or should I hike in the Kurdistan region of Iraq along the Iraq-Iran border?

These friendly, peace loving people(Egyptians) had their opportunity to have a "peaceful", democratic government but they still put Muslim extremists(Muslim Brotherhood) in charge! Thats great for all the courageous women who fought/stood up for more civilized rights. I have to admit, it was very inspiring to see all the courageous women in Tahrir Square protesting for a "better" life, but all for nothing! The scarey thing is if it was going to happen it was going to happen in Egypt first. It would have been monumental, history c

hanging, the most populous Islamic(peaceful religion) country in the world. But they resorted to what they know, savagery, Extreme Islamic rule, or what alot of tree hugging westerners call "the religion of peace!" Its funny, most people who (westerners) say "Islam is a peaceful religion" are women.

All these countries I've mentioned had opportunities to become more civilized(before you hand me the bs that thats their culture, they originally stated they wanted democratic elections) but they resort back to the ways they know, violence!

With a name like Tyro I can see why you support your kind!

Its a civilized, peaceful, Islamic leader who slaughters 14000 of his own people! That happens every day in Christian Faith based countries.

(By the way, that 14000 # is up around 40-60 thousand according to people who keep me "in the loop"!

Name me 1 Christian country that has mass murdered its own Christian people in the last century.

Muslims cowardly attacked and killed 3000 people on 9-11, plus the thousands leading up to that point! Dont expect me to feel sorry, just like Japan, When youn mess with U.S. you get what you deserve!

Im not a Republican, I dont own a gun and Im not a Redneck, well maybe!

Hey Velvet, why dont you vacation in one of those peaceful countries?

My father is Egyptian and my mother is Iranian. I have been all around the world sir, maybe you should try it sometime? Christians have killed more people in the name of Jesus than any other sect in the world, read a book.

As far as the church bull****, what if, what if, what if! Go to Saudi Arabia or any of these countries who preach the "religion of peace" and try to build a Christian church, If your a women you'd be buried up to your shoulders and stoned to death, if your a man you could just blame it on a woman!

Please with the Christian terrorist bs already. If Tim Mcveigh's family wanted to put a memorial in his remembrance at the fed building then hell yah it would piss me off!

Its neither here nor there but the building was struck by the landing gear of one of the planes if you want to get technical.

Again this country was founded on Christian beliefs, not

Islamic.

The argument really isnt whether or not they have a right to build, its whether they morally should as a Muslim people, seeing as how the fact that 19 islamic extremists(at most according to Velvet)killed 3000 innocent people on that very spot!

Then add to that the theory that Islam builds places of worship at sites they conquer,(conquer just doesnt look spelled rigt, Im having a brainfart) My theory on that is, it was started by the extreme, scaremongering right wing republicans like Rove, Hannity, Beck. OK, maybe we do have Christian extremists!, forget everything I just typed!

I'm sorry for your ethnicity but your here in America now(I don't understand by the way,foreigners come here and Tell us how proud they are about their heritage and homeland but yet live in a foreign land albeit this great country.

There's no need for me to visit other countries, I have everything I need right here in this great country!

Wow! This post really shows your war mongering side and it's not pretty. You lump all Muslims in with Al-Qaeda and Taliban terrorists. How would you like to lumped in with the KKK or the Nazis because you're white or christian? Or with pedophiles because you're Catholic (I don't know if you are' date=' just an example)?

I posted an op-ed from the Washington Post on your other thread about this. I think it is very well written.

And BTW, this is not about Pres. Obama, although I know everyone wants to blame him for everything.

Maybe we should erect a statue of bush at ground zero CONTINUING to read "My Pet Goat" after the first plane crashed into the world trade center. There's real leadership![/quote']

Well said!!!!

-Melissa M.