Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh! I'd rather starve!!

Last friday was my 2 week post op check up and I told my doctor I had some weird feeling in my throat like I swallowed a pill that won't go down and he said he thought I may have moved too fast to the next food stage. I was still on liquids, however, I had egg drop Soup, and I found out that was not good. Anyways, he put me back on liquids for another week. So I've been on Clear Liquids since June 18th, almost a MONTH!! I have 2 more days until I can progress to the next stage but I just can't stand it anymore. The thought of broth makes me want to vomit. :puke:

I'm seriously considering just not eating at all except sf popsicles, and water! I can't even stand my Protein Drinks anymore. I'm just so angry and frustrated. :)

you should try sugar free jellos and puddings and yogurt i'm only about a week post-op and those go down pretty well for me. your stomach migh still be swollen from the surgery not everyone heals at the same pace.

Good Luck!:)

Not trying to go against your doc, and you should do whatever he says, but my doc is laid back about the whole post op food thing. I was at normal foods by 2 weeks. He said as long as I chew VERY well and eat slow I cant hurt the band.

Im not saying that is what you should do and if you are having pain then follow his orders. I just thought youd like to know that your eating egg drop Soup may not have hurt the band, you just may be healing a little slower.

Reguardless, it will get better soon! GL

I went in to the surgery with a mild sore throat. The week after I had a horrible swollen soar throat. When i swallowed it felt as though something in my throat was moving back and forth. I believe the reason it got worse after the surgery is from the tube they put in your throat for anastisia (oops spelled that one so wrong the spell check wouldn't even pick it up).

Last friday was my 2 week post op check up and I told my doctor I had some weird feeling in my throat like I swallowed a pill that won't go down and he said he thought I may have moved too fast to the next food stage. I was still on liquids, however, I had egg drop Soup, and I found out that was not good. Anyways, he put me back on liquids for another week. So I've been on clear liquids since June 18th, almost a MONTH!! I have 2 more days until I can progress to the next stage but I just can't stand it anymore. The thought of broth makes me want to vomit. :puke:

I'm seriously considering just not eating at all except sf popsicles, and water! I can't even stand my Protein drinks anymore. I'm just so angry and frustrated. :)

I was allowed egg drop Soup as long as I strained the egg pieces out... My throat hurt post op from the anesthesia tube as well but you are pretty far out for that pain- maybe it is a cold?

Thanks for all your replies!

I was allowed egg drop Soup as long as I strained the egg pieces out... My throat hurt post op from the anesthesia tube as well but you are pretty far out for that pain- maybe it is a cold?

I no longer feel the irritation in my throat, it started friday and it went away by monday. It was not so much like sore throat as it was like I swallowed a small pill with no Water and it felt like it got stuck way down. Annoying, but not painful.

Hi! Glad to know you're already feeling some relief! Those things WILL happen from time to time...

I remember there were days I would have rather starved than eaten some of the stuff we are recommended to have! :puke:

I wish you the best!!! You've done great so far! Keep it up! And just know that you'll have uncomfortable moments and even days! For me, everything I'm going thru is worth the feeling I get when I step on my scale, put on clothes, or see myself in the mirror! It's truly a joyous experience!

BEST OF LUCK!!!!:)

I'm almost 10 months out and in the morning all my pills want to come back up before they even go down so I have coffee to try and loosen the band and then take my pills later in the morning. That seems to help. So maybe try it and see how it goes taking your pills.

my doc says i have to crush all my pills.< /p>

Some peolpe grose out when I crunch my paracetamol etc LOL. But it is a problem that people need to consider as some tablets are slow realease and need to be taken whole.

Jo