Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

True Results-Houston

lol..... you and me both!!! I am FINALLY back in ONEderland as of last week. The scale showed me 199 on March 10th (my 1yr bandaversary) and then moved right back up to 203-205. I do fault my self because I did began to eat alot of icecream and toast.....lol..... It is sooo hard to stay away from them with so much temptation!!

That is so true. You know what's funny? Before I was banded my biggest problem was Doritos, burgers, and pizza. I never ate ice cream or cake, it was never a problem with a sweet tooth. But now since it's the only way I can cheat, it's become a problem.

I had my last fill in December and my band was a little tight after that. So I went to ice cream one day and fell inlove with it. I haven't had a fill since then because I still stay pretty full for quite a while. I might just go in soon though since it's been more than 3 months. What kills me though is the fill price. Since they always do the X-ray I noticed that I was getting charged $800 a visit. Sure my insurance picks some of it up but that's a lot of money for a fill.

I am getting banded by Dr. Hollis at True Results June 10th! Would love to have people to talk to about it.

Dr. Hollis is a very good doctor. I had no complaints with him. The surgery went smoothly and I've had no complications. Just follow his diet plan and you'll lose weight fast. I did. I fell off the wagon a few months ago but I'm about ready to go back to my low carbing losing weight days.

Hi again everyone. Nice to see so many of us on there from True Results Houston. I've lost 35lbs now since my surgery on March 4th. My only complaints about True Results is the wait times. Oh my goodness they need more help! No complaints about surgery or dr. Hollis though.

Hi again everyone. Nice to see so many of us on there from True Results Houston. I've lost 35lbs now since my surgery on March 4th. My only complaints about True Results is the wait times. Oh my goodness they need more help! No complaints about surgery or dr. Hollis though.

I agree with the wait time!!!!!

I agree with the wait time!!!!!

Yeah, I recently scheduled my first fill in close to 6 months and surprisingly there wasn't an appointment available till like a month later. Usually I get my fills done quickly though while at the office. Has anybody noticed the cost of their fills?

Yes the cost of the fills are rather expensive. My insurance is getting hit about $600 just for using their machine whether they fill me or not!!

That is so true. You know what's funny? Before I was banded my biggest problem was Doritos, burgers, and pizza. I never ate ice cream or cake, it was never a problem with a sweet tooth. But now since it's the only way I can cheat, it's become a problem.

I had my last fill in December and my band was a little tight after that. So I went to ice cream one day and fell inlove with it. I haven't had a fill since then because I still stay pretty full for quite a while. I might just go in soon though since it's been more than 3 months. What kills me though is the fill price. Since they always do the X-ray I noticed that I was getting charged $800 a visit. Sure my insurance picks some of it up but that's a lot of money for a fill.

I'm currently going to True Results but I'm in my 6month pre-op (4 down!! :lol:) and have Dr. Reilly as my surgeon. I have to ask...how much is your cost for the fills??? I keep reading that True Results fills are expensive, do we have alternative places to go if we can't afford their fills?

I'm not sure how much their fills are, as I was self-pay and that includes post-op for one year....check with your insurance to see how much you have to pay....I've heard some people pay $100-150 per fill, some more, some less.

Dr. Reilly was my surgeon and he's nice. Only saw him pre-op and post-op, so far only 1 fill until next week, surgery was June 20.....he did not do my fill, it was a nurse, no machine used either...

I know Dr. Reilly also has a West Houston office...I'm debating asking their office if I can go there to get a fill if needed...True Results has at least a month wait, so far I have already scheduled my August and September fill and will make my next appointments when I go August 15 to make sure I get the time I need.

good luck!!

I'm currently going to True Results but I'm in my 6month pre-op (4 down!! :lol:) and have Dr. Reilly as my surgeon. I have to ask...how much is your cost for the fills??? I keep reading that True Results fills are expensive, do we have alternative places to go if we can't afford their fills?

Hello,

I am a True Results/ Dr. Ken Hollis patient. I am one week post op. I am extremely hungry so I am not sure if I am doing the post diet correctly. Please let me know if anyone else is having this issue. I have lost a total of 16 lbs.

Dawn

My hunger returned in week three. If you are following the packet they give you I am sure you are doing fine. I got my.first fill 2weeks ago and I noticed no.change. To the poster above, they do have a west location and that's where ill be getting my fills from now on. I was there for 4 hours to get my fill....sigh. But the receptionist said they were only there 1 or2xs peer month so call them to get scheduled.

I'm in desperate need of a fill but I don't want to go back to True Results-Houston because their fills have costed $600 a pop. I had my surgery with Dr. Hollis. Has anybody gone to his place to get fills, how much are they? I know it's called Baychoice Bariatrics. I'm on a health fund and my fills will eat it all up after 2 fills. Any help would be great.

Hey guys in case you didn't know. True Results Houston now has monthly support group meetings on the last Tuesday of each month at 6:00. I went last month and met a few new people. Going to the next one this Tuesday. The meetings are run by nurse Ida and another employee (can't remember her name but she's super nice) and both of them have been banded, so they are a great source of information.

Hope you can make it.

Kristi

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk