Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Less to lose slower weight loss?

my goal is to lose 80 lbs. My Bmi is 34 and I have been heavy all my life. Does anyone have an Idea how much a

average weight loss is post surgery for a person with my

BMI? Just wondering. I know you are not supposed to expect weight loss in recovery.

Hello Golden, I posted a somewhat similar question about 65 pounds. I was banded apr 28. How are you doing so far?

Lena

(mousek)

:thumbup:

Well I had a much higher BMI when I got banded....but my weight loss was fairly steady all along as long as I had good restriction. So even when I only had 20 lbs left to lose, it still came off at about the same rate--2 lbs per week.

:rolleyes2:Thanks for great encouragement with the 20 lb remark. It starts to get very confusing when reading so much material. I was hoping that it would be at about that rate and I'm sure that my physician will also want this for me. I will not be going for a fill for a while as just banded last week. I hope 90 lbs to lose sees your great comment. Thanks!!!!!!

:drool:Sorry "less to lose slower weight loss" rather than 90 lbs to lose- I hope Golden gets the message left by kkarryall (is that any relation to kitty karryall from the Brady Bunch?) That comment helped so much. This is the first time I'm smiling today!!!

Hello Golden, I posted a somewhat similar question about 65 pounds. I was banded apr 28. How are you doing so far?

Lena

Hi Lena, I just got home, it was a long trip for me! I did'nt weigh myself so far but figure I have lost 5lbs. I am pretty

satisfied most times. I got hungry yesterday traveling home. 6 days banded still pretty sore and swollen.

Theresa

Golden

Hey Golden, I was banded 10/20/09, I am trying to lose 65 pounds. I started out losing 2 pounds a week (after my first fill) and then after about 5 months I slowed down and have been losing 1 pound a week but if I exercised more I am sure I could do better (working on that). I have 16 to go and I am trying to be done on July 4th. Good luck on your journey!

Thanks Leigha I really don't think 1lb a week is so bad. I recently spent 6 months on Weight Watchers and only lost

30 lbs; discouraged but happy to be shy of 30.

I gained it back over christmas (what a rollercoaster). I have a dog and love to walk (He makes me).

Thanks for the encouragement it means alot to me. I am not going to weigh myself till June 8th. That's my 6 week mark.

Still sore and very puffy:blink:

You rock on weight loss, I have faith you will acomplish your goal. Are you worried about maintenance? How do you stop weight loss? It's never been a problem before for me but my husband asked me and I didn't have the answer.

Here is my plan on maintenance. I was worried about it too since my Dr never really gave me any guidance.

I have to eat 800-1000 calories a day and work out at least 2 times a week to lose 1-2 pounds. So after I get to goal I am going to keep working out (I hope) and raise my calories to 1200-1300 a day. Then I am going to weigh myself every.single.day. If I gain more than 5 pounds I will go back to 800-1000 calories until its gone. (I have a daily fluctuation of about 3 pounds due to Water, salt, etc. So I will not change anything unless I gain 5). If I continue to lose I will go up to 1400-1500 calories a day until I find what my body needs to balance my weight. If I cant get as many calories as I need I can always do a slight unfill which will allow me to eat more, but I have found that as I lose weight, the fat under my band goes away and my band gets looser anyway.

In the past when I dieted I was starving and I knew when I stopped what I was doing that I wouldn't have the strength to start back. (Adkins, diet pills, ww, etc.) So I never could maintain. It was like an alcoholic once I started eating "normal", I couldn't stop. Now I know I never have to stop what I am doing, I will eat like this forever but just add a few things to up my calories.

I hope this helps.

:rolleyes2:Leigha, I just read your notes on the 800 - 1000 calories a day and work out twice a week - i think I can manage that as well. Golden - good luck and probably talk to you soon.

Golden, I know how you feel. I am 5 days and I look like i'm going to have a baby - just about. I'm sore as well and gas is still a problem. Hang in there.

I am due to be banded next month on 13th October. I need to lose 42lbs which does not seem a lot but all my life I have lost and gained weight having been up to 196lbs with a height of 5ft 2ins. My bmi is 34.9 but there are related health issues which my surgeon is concerned about.

I keep feeling, despite my diets over the years, that I could do this myself and am a bit afraid of the banding to be honest.

My surgeon is very ethical and I know he wouldn't do the op unless he feels it is essential. I'm just so worried about the life changes....... Any one out there with any comments on this please.......

Hopefully you are going to follow the rules after surgery. It is not easy doing the 6 week diet of liquids and mushies. I didn't do a good job of it.

I lost about 10 lbs after surgery. So far I have lost 30lbs.

The weight loss is great I love it. What I love more is not

thinking about food all the time.

I love my lap band. Thank God.

If alchoholics could get a tool to stop them drinking or a drug addict could get this to stop the drugs they would be so happy. Thats how I feel about my lap band.

I have been heavy all my life. I have so many bad habits.

The lap band is very strict. You have to follow rules.

Chew

eat slowly

Take small bites

don't eat or drink after 6

1 cup a food per serving. No snacking.

I am going for another fill as soon as I can. My doctor does it under floro and is not very aggressive. The more you are aggresive with the fills the more weight you will lose. I have a 4cc band and my 3 fills total 1.7cc.

Everyone is different, but I really started losing weight when I had good restriction. It has been 22 weeks since my surgery.

Hope I helped.

Never heard not to eat after 6pm! I am 9 weeks post surgery, have had one fill, and down 13lbs. No pre surgery diet, I actually gained before surgery, yikes!

My scheduled fill is 11/22 but think I may move it up.

Do you recall where you were at 9 wks?

Hello, I got my banded in March 2010, but did not start losing any weight until 2 weeks ago after getting my 5th fill. How much are you weight now? Can you eat. After my 5th fill I can't eat anything just liquid, however I thought I should stay like this for a couple of months until I loose some weight cause, I haven't lost any before. Are you eating anything if so how much? Thanks for your feed back. I too don't have alot to loose I weight 200 and for my body need to weight 150.

Lena

(mousek)