Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

could i possibly have a kidney stone or something else?

ever since friday night, ive been getting sharp pains on the sides of my lower back and my stomach felt like it was punched, the area where my hips are(ish) are in pain i've had nausea friday, saturday, some on sunday, some what a lot on monday, and a lot yesturday. i've been getting terrible headaches, my body aches, all i want to do is sleep all the time, and its uncomfortable to lay down. i gotta pee a lot, and when i go, i feel like i gotta go again. i asked my mom what a kidney stone feels like and she says painful, and i told her well ive have pain and nauseous and she just says "drink more water" yeah? duh! its hard when you feel you gotta puke and dont want to eat. this is making me feel like i dont want to be around anyone, why?..it doesnt burn to go to the bathroom but it feels like something. my mom wont take me to the doctor, she doesnt want to pay a bill, she has too many doctor/hospital bills to pay. she cant do this one for me?? ugh i have no insurance, and they wont even look for one cause i MIGHT be getting SSI and you automatically get medicadE? i cant wait forever, i'll probably die from infection....ugh! help??!

I am no doctor but I think you are too young for kidney stones.

I'd had diverticulitis and been constipated. Both were very painful at about belly button level.

Have you take a good dump lately? Does the pain subside when you are up and about?

I am no Dr either, but it sounds very much like a kidney infection to me. Cranberry juice helps, but you need antibiotics if it is a kidney infection.

my friend is the same age as me and she has had kidney stones before

i think i have a urinary tract infection cause it kind of feels like that, and i know if its an infection i need antibiotics and need to see a doctor, my mom wont bring me to get checked

I am no doctor but I think you are too young for kidney stones.

I'd had diverticulitis and been constipated. Both were very painful at about belly button level.

Have you take a good dump lately? Does the pain subside when you are up and about?

i know what it feels like when i need to go. and its not that feeling, pain doesnt go away when i get up,

i feel a little dizzy too

i know what it feels like when i need to go. and its not that feeling, pain doesnt go away when i get up,

i feel a little dizzy too

When I was constipated, I didn't have to go. It was way up in my up in my intestines and refused to budge.

See a doctor!

Either convince your mom to take you to the doctor or Google for free clinics in your area. If there is a university close by, there may be one.

Get some AZO standard for the pain and cranberry juice does help the urinary tract. You may want to think about going to an urgent care center. I would atleast call and get an idea of their pricing.

Hi:

It sounds alot like a UTI to me. If your Mom won't take you, why not ask a friend to take you. Either find a free clinic or go to your regular doctor and tell them that you're sick and I believe they're supposed to help you even if you don't have any $$$ or insurance. Your Mom may not be responsible for your medical bills because of your age. If you are covered under a medical insurance plan you'll probably just have a copayment and they're not usually too bad if you're just at a doctor's office. It might get more expensive if you end up going to a hospital or emergency room.

I hope you feel better soon.

Please let us know how you're doing.

Sue

ever since friday night, ive been getting sharp pains on the sides of my lower back , the area where my hips are(ish) are in pain i've had nausea friday, saturday, some on sunday, some what a lot on monday, and a lot yesturday.

and its uncomfortable to lay down. i gotta pee a lot, and when i go, i feel like i gotta go again. ..it doesnt burn to go to the bathroom but it feels like something.

These are the things that make me think kidney infection. It is how I felt when I had one. I think urinary tract infection has burning when you pee.

My son had kidney stones at a very young age and I have been around other people when they have kidney stones.

The pain from those puts you down on the floor and is so intense you throw up very fast. The people around you call 911 it is so bad. I don't think the symptoms are spread out over days like yours.

You do need to see a Dr. Do you have a job? Could you get the money from someone else for an office visit?

UTI usually produces a burning sensation when you urinate. Kidney stone starts rather suddenly with a dull, pressing ache in the lower back, generally on the side where the stone is. For me, it started as above while I was watching a movie. I couldn't sit still - kept squirming trying to get comfortable. Then I HAD to go to the bathroom - felt like I had to urinate; ended up doing that plus diarrhea. It moved on to vomitting. I drove myself to the ER where they did a KUB(ultrasound of the kidneys, bladder). I was given a painkiller and advised to drink a lot of Water to attempt to flush it out. Ultimately, I wasn't able to pass it and had it surgically removed. This is a MUST GO TO THE DOCTOR - as if the stone is large enough the urine can back up in the kidney and cause permanent damage. The ER of any hospital is required to treat you even if you can't pay - JUST GO.

UTI usually produces a burning sensation when you urinate. Kidney stone starts rather suddenly with a dull, pressing ache in the lower back, generally on the side where the stone is. For me, it started as above while I was watching a movie. I couldn't sit still - kept squirming trying to get comfortable. Then I HAD to go to the bathroom - felt like I had to urinate; ended up doing that plus diarrhea. It moved on to vomitting. I drove myself to the ER where they did a KUB(ultrasound of the kidneys, bladder). I was given a painkiller and advised to drink a lot of Water to attempt to flush it out. Ultimately, I wasn't able to pass it and had it surgically removed. This is a MUST GO TO THE DOCTOR - as if the stone is large enough the urine can back up in the kidney and cause permanent damage. The ER of any hospital is required to treat you even if you can't pay - JUST GO.

i was watching a movie last night, wasnt really comfy either, and i also had to go to the bathroom or else i would of puked and it was diarrhea as well, but i did not vomit, i told my mom that i feel almost like i did back in september when i had an infection and she said it might be that again

so im hoping shell call tomorrow and hoping that she and my dad or my grandma will help me pay for it, cause i know, ill feel better if i see a doctor

Do you still have a re-fill for antibiotics at the pharmacy from that last infection? It would be worth a call to the pharmacy.

i dont think i do, i think they only gave me one prescription for it cause i only had to take it for a week

call and ask if there is a re-fill on record

alright, i will