Welcome to BariatricPal, the largest Weight Loss Surgery social network in the world! We provide a unique platform for Weight Loss Surgery patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your Weight Loss Surgery decisions as well as providing you the Weight Loss Surgery support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now or download our app to access exclusive member features!
Weight loss surgery is quite expensive. As you gather estimates and figure out the costs, you might start to wonder whether you can afford it. When you consider the expense of weight loss surgery, weigh it against the costs of being obese.
- High cost of food from eating a lot, especially eating out or getting convenience foods
- Cost of diet plans: how much money have you spent on diet programs that haven't worked for you?
- Cost of diet food: bars, meal replacements, supplements and special foods all add up
- Cost of yo-yo dieting: how many times have you replaced your wardrobe as your weight goes up or down?
- Healthcare: even if you have good insurance, you may have extra copays for frequent doctor visits and prescription medications
Life's not just about money. What about the non-financial "costs" of obesity?
- Lower quality of life—more difficulty moving, working and participating in activities
- Missed days of work from being sick, and fewer vacation days because you used them for sick days
- Embarrassment at work, at home, with your friends
- Missed activities because you can't keep up with your friends and family